In the state of Florida, theft laws and charges can vary depending on the stolen item(s) value. The prosecution depends on the type of theft committed.
Grand theft can be charged as first, second, or third degree each with varying values.
- First Degree Grand Theft occurs when the stolen property value is equal to or greater than $100,000. The maximum penalty is 30 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines.
- Second Degree Grand Theft involves property valued between $20,000 and $99,999. The maximum penalty is 15 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines.
- Third Degree Grand Theft occurs when the stolen property is valued between $300 and $19,999. Third degree grand theft has a maximum sentence of five years in jail and up to $5,000 in fines.
In Florida, petit theft (petty theft) can be charged as first degree or second degree.
- First Degree Petit Theft occurs when the stolen property is valued between $100 and $299. The maximum penalty is one year of jail time and up to $1,000 in fines.
- Second Degree Petit Theft is when the stolen property is valued under $100. The maximum sentence is sixty days in jail and up to $500 in fines.
If you are a first time offender, Esposito Law Firm can work to have charges dropped or your record expunged. No matter the charge you are facing regarding theft crimes, a reputable defense attorney is a helpful and necessary tool in the legal process of acting against charges of theft crimes. The legal process can seem overwhelming but a reputable and reliable law firm will walk you through the legal processes and stand by your side during these stressful times.
If charged with theft crimes, a defense attorney will work to get you as minimal a penalty as possible. Depending on their nature, theft crimes can be charged as either a misdemeanor or felony.
A good law firm will be able to help you with the legal proceeding with the intention of having your charges dropped or reduced so that you can go back to living life without the burden of a theft crime charge weighing you down. Esposito Law Firm is a qualified and knowledgeable law firm that will work with you against any theft crime charges, in and out of the courtroom.
Esposito Law Firm is an experienced law firm with an extensive and successful legal defense record. Charges and convictions of theft crimes can leave a person with a permanent record and maybe even facing a prison sentence. Choosing the right legal defense attorney could make the difference in your freedom and future. Don’t make your case without seeking the help of a reputable defense attorney. Esposito Law Firm is here to help with any and all legal troubles regarding charges of theft crimes.
Let Us Help You
Esposito Law Firm is an experienced law firm and has an extensive and successful legal defense record. If you are charged and convicted of battery or assault it could leave you with a permanent record and you could be facing a prison sentence. Choosing the right defense attorney could be the difference between being free or being behind bars. At Esposito Law Firm our success is determined by working with our clients against their charges and accusations of assault and battery.